Histórias de sucesso dos alunos
Histórias de sucesso de TIA Student Reviews (2017/1 - 2022/1)
O caminho para o sucesso de TIA Student Reviews
Histórias de sucesso de Alexandra A. (2021/4 - 2022/6)
Alexandra joined TIA as a Grade 12 student in September 2021. She came from Nigeria, and she was looking to get into a Nursing program in Canada. Nursing is very competitive, and Alexandra needed the proper prerequisites and marks to get into her program of choice. The Guidance Counsellor personalized her timetable in the way that her family requested.
O caminho para o sucesso de Alexandra A.
Alexandra quickly made friends at our school, and she even became the Valedictorian at our 2022 Graduation Ceremony.
Alexandra struggled a bit in Math, so our Math teacher gave her accommodations, extra time, and personalized 1-on-1 lessons.
Alexandra achieved a Grade Point Average of 87% and took a range of science, math, and social science courses.
Our English teacher and our counselor assisted Alexandra in writing her valedictorian speech for the graduation.
Histórias de sucesso de Basmattie P. (2021/1 - 2022/6)
Situação Atual: A começar na University of Toronto em Setembro
Programa: CCIT (Comunicação, Cultura, Informação e Tecnologia)
Cursos: SBI4U, MCV4U, EWC4U, BOH4M, MHF4U, ENG4U.
O caminho para o sucesso de Basmattie P.
- Basmattie juntou-se à TIA em 2021 como estudante online do 12º Ano (4º Ano de ensino médio). Durante a pandemia, decidiu ficar na sua Guiana natal para completar o seu diploma remotamente.
- Basmattie é o primeiro aluno a formar-se na TIA, enquanto frequentava apenas cursos de E-School. Os nossos professores e conselheiros mantêm-se em contacto regular com Basmattie através de Telegrama, e-mail, e Zoom.
- Basmattie atingiu uma média de 92% de pontos de classificação.
- Recebeu uma bolsa de estudo extraordinária da University of Toronto no valor de 180.000 dólares. Ficámos orgulhosos de que um estudante remoto pudesse alcançar esta incrível realização.
- Os conselheiros da TIA ajudaram Basmattie no seu processo de candidatura à universidade, orientando-a através de opções de programas e escrevendo cartas de recomendação.
- Basmattie formou-se no Quadro de Honra na TIA.
Histórias de sucesso de Hanbyeol J. (2021/1 - 2022/4)
Situação Atual: Começando na University of Toronto em setembro
Programa: Ciência de Vida
Cursos: ENG3U, MCV4U, SBI4U, SPH3U, HSB4U, SCH4U
O caminho para o sucesso de Hanbyeol J.
- Hannah juntou-se à TIA em 2020 como estudante do 11º ano 3º Ano de encino médio). Transferiu-se para a TIA a partir de uma escola local no Canadá.
- Originalmente, ela veio para o Canadá como estudante internacional da Coreia.
- Hannah precisava de uma escola que lhe pudesse dar um apoio e atenção mais personalizados. Ela queria entrar para um programa de Bioquímica ou Ciência da Vida no Canadá.
- Com a ajuda dos nossos professores de inglês, a compreensão, escrita e capacidade de comunicação de Hannah melhorou drasticamente.
- Hannah atingiu uma média de 96% de Pontuação.
- Hannah também participou no Concurso de Matemática EUCLID na University of Waterloo, representando a TIA.
- Os conselheiros da TIA ajudaram Hannah no seu processo de candidatura à universidade, orientando-a através de opções de programas e revendo as suas candidaturas suplementares.
- Optimum Care colocou Hannah em contacto regular com os nossos conselheiros para todas as suas necessidades académicas e pessoais.
- Hannah formou-se no Quadro de Honra com o Prémio de Ciência.
Histórias de sucesso de Daeun J. (2020/7 - 2022/4)
Current Status: Starting at Mount Holyoke College in the U.S.A.
Courses: SPH3U, ICS3U, AWQ3M, MCR3U, BBB4M, ENG3U, BOH4M, ENG4U, MHF4U, EWC4U, MCV4U, HSB4U, MDM4U, CGW4U.
O caminho para o sucesso de Daeun J.
Diane’s Pathway to Success:
· Diane joined TIA in 2020 as a Grade 11 student. She transferred to TIA from Citadel High School in Halifax. Originally, she came to Canada as an international student from Korea.
· Diane was a star student and had good study habits and was able to work well independently.
· Teachers were able to motivate and assist her to fast-track her courses. She took a few e-courses to help her graduate early.
· Diane took part in a lot of activities in school. She was in a dance performance at the 2021 TIA Talent Show. Her team won 1st prize in the competition.
· Diane also took part in the EUCLID Math Contest at the University of Waterloo representing TIA.· TIA Optimum Care put Dianne in regular touch with our counselors, who helped her succeed in achieving her goals.
· TIA counselors assisted Dianne in her university application process by writing recommendation letters, and editing and revising her supplementary applications.
· Diane was able to achieve a 94% Grade Point Average at TIA. She graduated on the Honor Roll.
Histórias de sucesso de Yousef E. (2019/6 - 2022/6)
Current Status: Starting at Wilfred Laurier in September
Program: Computer Science and Business Administration
Courses: ENG3U, SCH3U, SPH3U, BOH4M, SBI3U, MCR3U, EMS3O, SCH4U, MHF4U, ENG4U, CGW4U, MCV4U, EWC4U
O caminho para o sucesso de Yousef E.
- Yousef joined TIA as a Grade 11 student at the end of 2020. He came from a public school in Peel looking for more support in STEM subjects. He had moved from Egypt to the UAE to Canada. Yousef needed to schedule his courses in a very particular way, so our Vice Principal and Guidance Counsellor personalized his timetable in the way that his family requested.
- Yousef quickly made friends at our school, and he even performed a magic show at the 2021 TIA Talent Show.
- Yousef achieved a Grade Point Average of 91% and took a wide range of science, math, language, and business courses.
- Yousef got accepted into great computer science and business programs at Wilfred Laurier, Waterloo, and the University of Toronto.
- TIA counsellors assisted Yousef in his application process by helping him find university programs, apply to university, and write his supplementary applications.
- Yousef graduated as the 2022 TIA Valedictorian. Our staff helped him prepare a spectacular speech to our graduating students and their parents.
Histórias de sucesso de Guyhyeon S. (2022/1 - 2022/5)
Guyhyeon’s Success Story (2020-2022)
Current Status: Starting at the University of Toronto in September
Program: International Foundations Program
Courses: ESLEO, ENG3U, MCR3U, BOH4M, MHF4U, BBB4M, MCV4U, HSB4U, ENG4U.
O caminho para o sucesso de Guyhyeon S.
Guyhyeon joined TIA in 2020 from Korea.
He started as an E-School student from Korea during the COVID-19 lockdowns.
TIA’s Ultimate Guidance Program (UGP), gave him tutoring support time with his course teachers.
Philip joined as an ESL student and worked hard to improve his English. With the help of his teachers, Philip learned how to speak English fluently.
Philip finally graduated with a Grade Point Average of 91%. graduating on the Honor Roll.
Philip took part in a musical performance at the 2021 TIA Talent Show.
Philip participated in the EUCLID Math Contest at the University of Waterloo representing TIA.
TIA counselors helped Philip write his supplementary entries for his university applications.
Our Guidance Counsellor and Vice-Principal would sit with Philip one-on-one to assist him with his studies and chart his course to university.
Histórias de sucesso de Haru N. (2019/5 - 2022/8)
Current Status: Starting at George Brown College in September.
Program: Culinary Studies
Courses: MPM2D, PPL2O, ESLCO, GLC2O, CHV2O, ESLDO, ESLEO, SNC2D, MCR3U, ENG3U, SCH3U, SVN3M, PPZ3C, ENG4U, HSB4U, SCH4U, MHF4U, HFA4U, CGW4U, CHI4U, SBI3U
O caminho para o sucesso de Haru N.
- Haru joined TIA as a Grade 10 student at the end of 2019. He successfully completed 21 courses both in-person and online.
- Haru started with a very basic level of English communication in our ESLCO course. Over the years, his English has improved exponentially with the help of our teachers.
- Haru achieved a Grade Point Average of 85% and took a wide range of science, math, language, and art courses.
- Haru's dream is to become a chef and start his own restaurant. Haru enrolled in various health, fitness, and nutrition courses at TIA. He cooked and prepared meals for various TIA events.
- TIA counselors assisted Haru in his application process by guiding him to the best culinary programs in the province.
- Haru graduated on the TIA Honour Roll.
Histórias de sucesso de Seungmi L. (2018/4 - 2022/6)
Status Atual: Iniciando na Universidade de Toronto (Trinity College)
Cursos: MCR3U, ENG3U, MHF4U, ENG4U, HSB4U, MCV4U, MDM4U, CGW4U.
O caminho para o sucesso de Seungmi L.
- Seungmi já havia concluído a Escola Secundária na Coréia. Ela estava estudando Administração no George Brown College.
- Seungmi decidiu que queria estudar na universidade em vez da faculdade. Ela veio para a TIA como aluna da 12ª série para concluir seus cursos de pré-requisito.
- Ela começou fazendo cursos em nossa E-School, antes de vir pessoalmente para o TIA.
- Seungmi fazia parte do Conselho Estudantil da TIA e ajudou a organizar muitas atividades para a escola.
- Seungmi foi um aluno ambicioso e independente que alcançou uma média de notas de 97% na TIA.
- A Optimum Care acompanhou o progresso de Seungmi e a ajudou em seu processo de inscrição na universidade.
- Seungmi finalmente se formou no Honor Roll.
Histórias de sucesso de Bill L. (2019/6 - 2021/6)
Current Status: Starting at Western University in September
Career Goal: Commercial Aviation Management
Courses: ESLEO, ENG3U, SPH3U, SBI3U, SCH3U, MCR3U, ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SBI4U, SPH4U
O caminho para o sucesso de Bill L.•Bill joined TIA in 2019 from Vietnam.•TIA Entrance Scholarship $1,200•He was quite an enthusiastic student from the get-go and quickly made a lot of friends.•Bill was very talented and won the 2nd prize in the talent show. He had a great passion for sports he wanted to become a pilot or pursue engineering.•TIA Scholarship for 2020 Academic Excellence $1,000. Bill struggled with English and Maths. TIA teachers helped him work harder to get a good IELTS score and improve his math skills gradually.•In 2020 the zoom online classes due to the pandemic were a bit challenging for him however he managed to stay focused until in-class school resumed.•2021 Bill was in grade 12 although some of his classes were online he was very motivated to graduate and worked, even more, to do well.
•Bill graduated got offers from the top Canadian universities of his choice.
Histórias de sucesso de Max T. (2019/4 - 2021/6)
Current Status: Starting at Concordia University in September
Career Goal: Bachelor of Business Administration Program
Courses: ESLDO, ESLEO, SCH3U, SBI3U, MHF4U, ENG3U, SCH4U, ENG4U, SPH4U, MCV4U, PLF4M, AVI4M
O caminho para o sucesso de Max T.•Joined TIA in 2019 from Vietnam.•Max got an Entrance Scholarship of $500•TIA scholarship for 2020 academic excellence $1,000•Max joined us in grade 9 was quite shy at first but soon adapted to the international environment.•Max was distracted at first but quickly began to focus on his scores with the help of TIA teachers.•In grade 10 he started to work hard remained motivated to complete assignments regularly and attended all his classes.•In grades 11 and 12 he had some difficulty adapting to online zoom classes but overcame those hurdles quickly.
• Max applied to several top Canadian universities was successful in getting many offers.
Histórias de sucesso de Sora T. (2019/9 - 2021/6)
Current Status: Starting at McMaster University in September
Career Goal: Engineering Program
Courses: ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SBI4U & SPH4U
O caminho para o sucesso de Sora T.•Joined TIA in 2019 from Vietnam.•He had a great passion for learning Maths and Physics.•Sora was a very dedicated, hardworking, and attentive student.•TIA Scholarship for 2020 academic excellence of $800.•He took part in the Waterloo Euclid contest and was one of the top 25 contestants.•Sora’s English language skills needed improvement with the help of the teachers he got an IELTS score of 6.5.
•Sora successfully completed grade 11 & 12 courses in-class and online classes this year and finally got multiple offers from Top Canadian University of his choice.
Histórias de sucesso de Raymond K (2020/1 - 2021/6)
Current Status: Starting at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in SEPT 2021
Career Goal: Commercial Pilot
Courses Completed: ENG4U, MHF4U, SPH4U, SCH4U, HSB4U, MCV4U, ENG3U, MCR3U, EMS3O, SPH3U, SCH3U, CHV2O, GLC2O, SNC2D, LKKDU
O caminho para o sucesso de Raymond KRaymond was an excellent student who studied very hard. He had a great interest in music and was a part of the school music club with his skills in guitar and piano.Raymond’s dream was to go into the aviation field and find a pathway to eventually study at Top American Universities.As a UGP student TIA counselors, teachers, worked together to ensure he remained focused and excelled in his courses especially during the pandemic.The UGP Program also enabled him to work harder and secure a high IELTS score which is essential for university acceptance.Raymond finally graduated early 2021 and was the Valedictorian at the TIA Graduation ceremony.
Histórias de sucesso de Artanis Z. (2019/4 - 2021/1)
Current Status: Starting at Queens University in September
Career Goal: Bachelor Of Computer Science
Courses: ENG4U, MCR3U, BOH4M, MHF4U, HFA4U, HSB4U, MCV3U, MCV4U, ICS3U, ICS4U
O caminho para o sucesso de Artanis Z.•Artanis joined TIA in 2018 from China.•He wanted to open up her own business.•His hard work and determination enabled him to excel in all of his courses.•Artanis took part in the Waterloo Canadian Computing Contest.•Artanis was great at math and science took several computer courses in school.•He had a little bit of a struggle in English however the teachers helped him overcome that and he was able to do well.
•He was successful in getting many offers at top universities for computer science.
Histórias de sucesso de Jasmattie P. (2019/1 - 2020/1)
Courses completed: ENG4U, MCR3U, BOH4M, MHF4U, HFA4U, HSB4U, MCV4U
Current Status: 1st year Ryerson University
Career Goal: Business Administration Program
O caminho para o sucesso de Jasmattie P.Jasmattie joined TIA in 2019 from Guyana.She wanted to open up her own business.Her hard work and determination enabled her to excel in all of her courses.
Jasmattie was on the honor roll and awarded a certificate for being selected as one of The Ontario Scholars for getting an average mark of at least 80% in six grade 12 courses.
TIA helped her reach her dream of getting into a Top University in Canada.
Histórias de sucesso de Yeoun (2019/9 - 2020/6)
Current Status: 1st year York/Seneca Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
Career Goal: Nursing Program
Courses Completed: ENG4U, MCR3U, SCHFU, SCH4U, SBI3U & LKKDU
O caminho para o sucesso de Yeoun•Joined TIA in 2019 from Korea.•She had a great passion for learning and wanted to study nursing. She was a dedicated and hardworking student.•Teachers began to notice that she took a leadership role in the classroom. She was selected to represent TIA at the Mayor’s International Women's Day Celebration.
•Yeoun initially wanted to get into a college program but, once she was confident with her grades she was determined go to University.
Histórias de sucesso de Sintja F (2019/7 - 2020/6)
Current Status: 1st year Centennial College
Career Goal: Theater Arts and Performances
Courses Completed: ESLEO, TGJ3M, PLF4M, ENG3U, AVI2O, HSB4U, ENG4U, EWC4U, BOH4M, EMS3O, BBB4M
O caminho para o sucesso de Sintja F•Sintja F. joined TIA from Switzerland completed her (OSSD) in 2020.•She hopes to become an accomplished singer someday.•Sintja was a part of the TIA Music Club she helped a lot of students form a band in school.•She graduated and is in her first year at Centennial College in the theater arts & performance program.
Histórias de sucesso de Patrick (2018/12 - 2020/1)
Current Status: Attending the first year at the University of Waterloo
Career Goal: Computer Science
University Offers Received: University of Waterloo, University of Ottawa, UOIT and the University Of Toronto.
Completed Courses: ESLDO, ESLEO, SCH3U, SBI3U, LKBDU, MHF4U, ENG3U, SCH4U, ENG4U, MCV4U, SPH4U
Average Grade: High 90
Patrick always wanted to come to Canada. His goal was to study at a top university. His aim was to become an engineering and the second goal to get into computer science. Patrick did well in almost all of his courses. He excelled in subjects like math, science and computers. However, he needed some help in preparing for IELTS. Patrick took part in the Canadian Computing Competition as well as the EUCLID Math competition held by the University of Waterloo and was among the top-ranking students of the year.
O caminho para o sucesso de Patrick
Patrick managed his time well in school. He took advantage of the computers after school to complete all his projects. He was always practising his work trying his best to succeed. Patrick really benefited from the after school OSSLT classes offered at TIA. Patrick also made avail of the university application help form the councillors which ultimately helped him decide on his final goal. Patrick got University offer letters from several universities but, is finally going to go to the University of Waterloo.
Histórias de sucesso de Zack (2018/1 - 2020/1)
Current Status: First year at University of Toronto
Career Goal: Health Science
University Offers Received: Brock University, University of Waterloo, Ryerson University and the University Of Toronto.
Completed Courses: ESLCO, ESLDO, SCH3U, SBI3U, ENG3U, SCH4U, MHF4U, ESLEO, LKBDU, ENG4U,
Average Grade: High 90
Zack joined TIA from China, he was a very dedicated student. His transition to TIA was easy with the help of our flexible admission options. Zack’s English-speaking skills were very good from the get-go this worked to his advantage. However, he still needed to take the IELTS test so worked hard to improve himself. Zack was a part of the student council and this gave him many opportunities to interact with the other students building his confidence.
O caminho para o sucesso de Zack
Zack was a good student always maintained a high score in all his subjects. He was able to fast track his education by taking summer school, night classes and online classes. His only main worry was getting a high IELTS score. TIA IELTS prep classes held on weekends benefited him a lot. He was able to get help in the areas he needed improvement. Zack wrote the test recently at TIA. He was finally able to reach his goal of getting into the program of his choice at The University of Toronto.
Histórias de sucesso de Mathew (2018/12 - 2020/1)
Mathew Success Story (Dec 18 – March 20)
Current Status: Accepted by University of Toronto
Career Goal: Information & Technology
University Offers Received: Ryerson University, Brock University and the University Of Toronto.
Completed Courses: PLF4M, SNC1P, ENG3C, MPM2D, MFM1P, PLF4M, CHV2O, MCR3U, ENG3U, SNC2P, AVI2O, ENG4U, BOH4M
Average Grade: High 80
Mathew joined TIA from a public school. He was struggling to cope with his high school courses because of problems associated with overcrowding in public-school classrooms. Mathew wanted to focus on his courses and was seeking for a personalized teaching method. After his transcripts were evaluated, he immediately got admission at TIA.
O caminho para o sucesso de Mathew
Mathew started with TIA in grade 10. He noticed the difference in school atmosphere almost right away. Mathew was able to learn in a way that was unique to his style. He worked hard at school especially in subjects like Math and Business class. Mathew had a personal setback but, overcame it slowly. He had to take some time away from school during a semester. Mathew benefited from the flexible schedule offered by TIA. On his return, he was able to catch up with the help of some extra classes after school. Mathew also took a few online courses to help him make up for the lost time. He recently got an offer from the University Of Toronto and is very excited to join them.
Histórias de sucesso de Dang (2018/4 - 2020/3)
Current Status: First year at University of Toronto
Career Goal: Computer Engineering
University Offers Received: University of Ottawa, Carlton University, Concordia University, and the University Of Toronto.
Completed Courses: ESLEO, SPH3U, ENG3U, MDM4U, ENG4U, MHF4U, SPH4U, BOH4M, LPVDU, MCV4U, ICS4U
Average Grade: High 80
Dang, came to TIA from Vietnam, He had big dreams to study abroad and study Computer Science. At first, he found it very hard to integrate into Canadian culture. Once he got accustomed to the school and made friends he began to improve. Dang took part in a number of school activities. He participated in the TIA sports day playing soccer and won a medal of participation for his team.
O caminho para o sucesso de Dang
Dang was determined to succeed and worked hard on his courses. Dang took nearly 10 high school credits at TIA. These included summer school, night school and some online classes. His main struggle was with improving his English, Dang was able to practice ESL with the help of the teachers and finally took the IELTS test at TIA which he found very convenient. He maintained high grades in all his courses. Dang applied to three universities through the guidance of the TIA councillors. He finally reached his goal and got into the Computer Science program at the University Of Toronto.
Histórias de sucesso de Natalie (2018/12 - 2020/4)
Current Status: First year at Mc Master University
Career Goal: Engineering
University Offers Received: Mc Master University, University of Waterloo, University of Ottawa and the University Of Toronto.
Completed Courses: ENG4U, SPH4U, HFA4U, MCV4U, BOH4M, LKBDU, OSSLT
Average Grade: High 90
Natalie transferred to TIA from a public school. Since it was her first time studying in Canada, she didn’t know how to cope with the education system. She found herself being overwhelmed by not being able to adapt well and was unhappy with her low grade-average score, despite all her hard work. Natalie was frustrated and was looking for a school with a more focused environment and small class size. Natalie wanted to avoid any interruptions to education and was able to get an admission at TIA due to our flexible admission options. The councillors evaluated all her transcripts from the previous school and granted her equivalencies for 33 credits.
O caminho para o sucesso de Natalie
As a shy student, Natalie benefited a lot at TIA she was able to adapt well and be more confident and communicate better in a small class setting. Natalie took a few online courses to stay on track to completing her high school graduation requirements. She remained focused and concentrated on her grades maintaining a high grade-average. She applied to a number of universities and recently got an acceptance letter from Mc Master University.
Histórias de sucesso de Lucy L (2015/1 - 2016/9)
I am a fourth-year student studying accounting specialist and economics major at the University of Toronto, Canada. I have been coming to Canada for almost 5 years. I remember when I first came to Canada because I was studying in a high school back in China which I came across the school ’s international class project by chance. After listening to the sharing of the senior students and the TIA introduction, I decided to come to TIA to study and made a wish that I want to succeed in college like the senior students.
After coming to TIA, the teachers in the school are very responsible, and the teaching content, as well as the method, is also very suitable for foreign students. Therefore, when I first arrived in Canada, I did not feel any difficulties in academic. My first homestay was an Italian family which picked by TIA. My homestay was very nice and they took good care of me. The enriched experiences of taking good care of students made me feel comfortable here. By accompanying by TIA teachers and classmates, I also successfully realized my dream and got the offer from the University of Toronto. I do not regret coming to study in Canada and having an awesome study experience in TIA! !
O caminho para o sucesso de Lucy L
Histórias de sucesso de Sana (2019/4 - 2020/3)
Current Status: First year at Ryerson University
Career Goal: Child and Youth Psychology
University Offers Received: Ryerson University, University of Toronto and Brock University
Completed Courses: ENG4U, EWC4U, HFA4U, MCR3U, BOH4M, PLF4M, HSB4U, OSSLT
Average Grade: High 80
Sana joined TIA from the UAE. She was able to apply for a student permit and make a smooth transition from Dubai with, the help of a TIA acceptance letter. She began school right away unlike other schools by taking advantage of our flexible admission policy. TIA councillors evaluated her transcript from the UAE and gave her an equivalency for 23 credits. She was then given basic assessments tests, guided and finally enrolled in the appropriate high school courses to fast-track her education.
O caminho para o sucesso de Sana
An international student, Sana required a lot of assistance and was provided with the help in math tutoring, homework, OSSLT prep, IELTS prep as well as volunteer hours. Sana worked hard to attain the required courses for her post-secondary program of choice. She completed courses in both the Mississauga and Oakville campuses. Sana took a few night classes as well as online courses to stay on track to completing her high school graduation requirements. In addition, she was able to complete all her volunteer requirements at the school as well. Sana applied to a number of universities and recently got an acceptance letter from Ryerson University and Trent University. Her final decision is to go to Ryerson University.
Histórias de sucesso de Kim (2018/7 - 2019/6)
Current status: 2nd Year University Guelph
Career Goal: Pharmaceuticals
University Offer Received: Waterloo University, Mc Master University and University of Toronto
Completed Courses: ESLEO, ENG3U, SPH3U, SBI3U, SCH3U, ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SBI4U, SPH4U
Average Grade: High 90
Kim came to Canada from Vietnam to finish high school and to go to a top university in Canada.
O caminho para o sucesso de Kim
Kim was an extremely dedicated and hardworking student nominated for Student of the Semester award by three teachers.
He was the top student in all of his classes and due to his outstanding academic performance became the valedictorian at our TIA 2019 graduation ceremony.
Kim took part in several school activities including the student council and was always willing to help other students after school.
Received a Certificate of Distinction after participating in Waterloo’s EUCLID Mathematics Contest.
Kim was able to get offer letters from three top universities in order to pursue his dream.
Histórias de sucesso de Alex (2017/9 - 2019/6)
Current Status: 2nd Year at University of Toronto
University Offers Received: University of Toronto, University of Ottawa, University of Guelph and Brock University
Career Goal: Civil Engineering
Completed Courses: ESLEO, ENG3U, ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SPH4U, LKBDU, HFC3M, OLC4O
Average Grade: High 90
Started at TIA in September of 2017. Alex joined us from China. His aim was to join one of the top Universities in Canada. The teachers and counsellors worked with Alex and were able to guide him to select the right program and help him to reach his educational goal.
O caminho para o sucesso de Alex
Alex Pathway to Success
Alex was a great student. Alex was also a part of the student council. His hard work and dedication enabled him to acquire a high grade average in high school.
Alex was among many to receive a certificate for participating in Waterloo’s EUCLID Math's Contest.
Histórias de sucesso de Paul (2016/9 - 2019/6)
Current status: 2nd Year University of Toronto
Career Goal: Computer Science
Completed Courses: ESLBO, MPM2D, ESLCO, MCR3U, CHC2D, GWL3O, SNC2D, ESLDO, ESLEO, AVI3M, ENG3U, HFC3M, CHV2O, GLC2O, CLU3M, SCH3U, MHF4U, LKBDU, SCH4U, BOH4M, ENG4U, MCV4U, SPH3U, SPH4U, OLC4O
Paul came to Canada to finish high school and to go to a top university in Canada. Paul started in TIA as a grade 10 student. He was able to make friends and become more comfortable with the teachers. He was a shy but very dedicated student. The small class size at TIA helped Paul by enabling him to ask questions easily and learn at his own pace.
O caminho para o sucesso de Paul
showed significant improvement over the 3 years, which ultimately helped his IELTS test score when he wrote his English proficiency test in the twelfth grade. While in the school he participated in the Waterloo EUCLID math contest. He also took part in many activities at school.gradually
Histórias de sucesso de Louis (2017/9 - 2019/6)
Current Status: First year at the University of Ottawa
University Offers Received: University of Ottawa, Carlton University and University of Toronto
Career Goal: Civil Engineering
Completed Courses: ESLEO, ENG3U, ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SPH4U, LKBDU, HFC3M, OLC4O
Average Grade: High 90
Started at TIA in September of 2017. Louis was concerned about improving his English when he first joined the school. Over the two years, he was able to improve his English with the help of his teachers in ESL classes.
O caminho para o sucesso de Louis
Louis was a good student enjoyed working together in a group to come up with creative solutions in class for Maths, Chemistry and Physics.
He also had a passion for music and played the guitar for the school talent contest.
Louis was among many to receive a certificate for participating in Waterloo’s EUCLID Math's Contest.
Histórias de sucesso de Yoyo (2018/9 - 2019/6)
Current Status: Leiden University (Netherlands)
Career Goal: Archeology
Completed Courses: ENG4U, HSB4U, HFA4U, LKBDU, HRT3M, HRT3, CPW4U, GLC2O, CLU3M, BBB4M, PLF4M, CPW4U, CHC2D, CLU3M
Yoyo came to Canada in January 2018 to complete her high school from China.
She had a great passion for learning History. She was a dedicated, hardworking and attentive student but was struggling with her English.
O caminho para o sucesso de Yoyo
She was shy at first but, her teachers began to notice that she took a leadership role in the classroom while also being helpful to her peers.
Her dedication enabled her to successfully complete grade 11 & 12 courses and get admission from a couple of top universities in Canada but eventually decided to move to Europe.
Histórias de sucesso de Obaidullah (2018/9 - 2019/6)
Current Status: 1st year at Ryerson University
Career Goal: Engineer
Completed Courses: MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SPH4U, HFA4U, SBI4U
Obaidullah started at TIA in September of 2018. He was generally a shy and quiet student.
Obaidullah’s brothers were ex-students at TIA who successfully graduated a few years ago.
O caminho para o sucesso de Obaidullah
Since Obaidullah transferred from a local school to TIA he found that smaller class size and more focused education was what really helped him achieve his goal.
With the help of TIA teachers and counsellors, Obaidullah was able to excel in his studies and achieve a good GPA.
He got accepted by several top universities and was successfully able to enrol into the program of his choice.
Histórias de sucesso de Subeen (2018/9 - 2019/6)
Current Status: 1st year Mc Master University
Career Goal: MELD Humanities
Completed Courses: ESLDO, ESLEO waived, ENG3U, MCR3U, ENG4U, AVI4M, BOH4M, MHF4U,
MCV4U, LKKDU, OLC4O
Subeen was originally enrolled in an ESL program at Sheridan College. She had paid her tuition, and she was set to begin in September of 2018; but at the last moment, she changed her mind. She decided to join TIA so that she could study and go to university.
O caminho para o sucesso de Subeen
Pathway to Success:
Subeen had only 10 months to help prepare for her university program. At first, her level of English was quite poor, so she started with less-challenging courses. She worked very hard, and was able to improve her English and achieve great marks in all of her courses.
Her IELTS score was 4.5 in the beginning. With the help of teachers and staff, she went up to 5.5 by the end of March 2019 **ESLEO was waived by the Principal
She did a few night school programs and online courses to speed up her studies and meet the application deadline. Her overall grades were high, and she received an admission letter to the McMaster Science with (ESL) program.
Histórias de sucesso de Linh (2017/4 - 2018/6)
Current Status: 1st Year Ryerson University
Career Goal: Clinical Psychology
Completed Courses: ESLEO, ENG3U, SPH3U, SBI3U, SCH3U, MCR3U, ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SBI4U, SPH4U
Linh joined us form Vietnam and was looking to gain a university degree in one of North America’s best universities, Linh came to Canada to finish high school.
Linh’s program of choice required her to quickly complete many courses in grade 11 and 12. She started with ESLEO and Math in the summer.
O caminho para o sucesso de Linh
With the help of teaches she was able to complete grade 11 & 12 Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math, and English in 10 months and get into the program of her choice in Ryerson University. Linh had an opportunity to meet with the Mayor of Mississauga for the International Women’s Day 2018
This year her brother joined TIA in grade 9.
Histórias de sucesso de Seema (2017/4 - 2017/6)
Current Status: 1st Year Waterloo University Health Science
Career Goal: Doctor or Engineer
Completed Courses: ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SCI4U & SPUH
Seema joined us from Jordan. Seema’s brother graduated from TIA in June of 2015
Followed in her brother’s footsteps after he received multiple universities offers to various engineering programs.
O caminho para o sucesso de Seema
Due in part to her outstanding academic performance and school spirit, Seema was invited to attend the Mayor’s International Women’s Day Breakfast 2017
Involved in multiple extra-curricular activities & including student council.
Histórias de sucesso de Kin (2016/9 - 2017/6)
Current Status: Graduated from The University of Waterloo
Career Goal: Actuary
Completed Courses: ESLEO, ENG3U, ENG4U, MHF4U, MDM4M, MCV4U, SCH4U, SPH4U
- Started at TIA in August of 2016
- Top student in all of his classes, including English.
- Tutored other students even after he completed all of his volunteer hours.
- Nominated for Student of the Semester award by three teachers.
- Received a Certificate of Distinction after participating in Waterloo’s EUCLID Mathematics Contest.
O caminho para o sucesso de Kin
Kin applied to both the Universities below.
- University of Waterloo for Mathematics.
- University of Toronto for Physical and Environmental Science
He received acceptance letters to both the Universities and decided to pursue his studies in Mathematics at the University of Waterloo.
Histórias de sucesso de Saif (2016/9 - 2017/6)
Current Status: Graduated from University of Guelph
Career Goal: Doctor
Completed Courses: ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SBI4U & PLF4M
- Saif’s older brother graduated from TIA in June of 2016
- Poor performance in most classes from not getting along with teachers.
- Although well-mannered has a strong personality, which some people may misinterpret as condescending.
- Saif’s performance increased significantly due in part to smaller class sizes, helpful teachers and admin staff, and a renewed sense of hope and motivation.
- Counselors remained in regular contact with Saif’s parents, who in turn also helped keep him on track.
O caminho para o sucesso de Saif
Saif applied to the two Universities below.
- The University of Guelph for Biomedical Science & Biological Science.
- McMaster University for Life Science.
Saif was one spot away from making it into McMaster’s most competitive program: Health Science, however, he was accepted in the University of Guelph and studied medicine there.
Histórias de sucesso de Kevin (2016/9 - 2017/6)
Current Status: Graduated from Brock University
Career Goal: Teacher
Completed Courses: ESLEO, ENG3U, ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, MDM4U, HFA4U, LKBDU
- Poor study habits
- Fell even further behind in some of his courses due to a one-week hospitalization before the winter break
- Despite passing the literacy test, could not achieve the 6.5 IELTS requirement
- By the end of May, did not receive any university offers
- TIA counselors worked hard to find him an offer
O caminho para o sucesso de Kevin
- Counselors helped Kevin apply to remaining university programs through the OUAC Admission Information Service once it opened in June
- Within one week, received admission from Lakehead and Brock University
- Kevin (and staff) were relieved that he would not need to repeat another year.
Kevin is currently pursuing his goal of becoming a teacher and is studying at Brock University.
Histórias de sucesso de Irem (2016/9 - 2017/6)
Current Status: Completed Honours Bachelor of Commerce in Culinary Management at George Brown College
Career Goal: Entrepreneur
Completed Courses: ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, SPH4U, SCH4U, & SBI4U
- Irem plans on starting a family-owned bakery back in Turkey. She had an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for baking.
- Irem’s transferred to (T.I.A) from the public school board. She needed to return back to Turkey by the end of the second semester and wanted to complete her courses faster.
- Positive attitude, and well-loved by her peers
- Excellent study habits
- Passed literacy test with an impressive score of 345
- Showed some difficulty in math due to a sleeping disorder
- Teachers accommodated Irem by giving extra time to make up her assignments.
- Took advantage of TIA’s online courses to ensure she completed all of her Grade 12 requirements.
- Completed ENG4U online once she returned back to Turkey.
O caminho para o sucesso de Irem
Irem applied to the college below
- George Brown College for Culinary Management
Irem was accepted by George Brown to study culinary management and trilled to follow her dream of opening a bakery back home in Turkey someday.
Histórias de sucesso de Thomas (2014/8 - 2015/6)
Current Status: Working at a Global Company
Graduated from: York’s Schulich School of Business
Career Goal: North American Multinational Corporation - Global Division
Completed Courses: ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, MDM4U, BOH4M, HSB4U, HFA4U
- Completed two summer courses at TIA before deciding to enroll as a full-time student for his senior year.
- As a typical teenager, Thomas was immature and unmotivated to study.
- Left the previous school due to poor interaction with teachers.
- Counselors, teachers, and parents worked together to ensure Thomas remained on track and progressed in his studies.
- Received a scholarship due to high average.
Well into his third year, Thomas’ current average is now over 80 percent.
O caminho para o sucesso de Thomas
Thomas applied to all the four Universities below.
- York University for Business Administration.
- McMaster University for Business.
- The University of Western for Management and Organizational Studies.
- The University of Toronto for Management (Rotman).
He received acceptance letters from York, McMasters, and the University of Western and choose to register at York University to advance his career.